Friday, November 10, 2006

Born, Broken, Bringing us Wholeness | December 10

"Born, Broken, Bringing us Wholeness"

A celebration of the birth and life of Christ through Choral music, interpretive dance, and poetry
Sunday December 10, 7 pm
(250) 592-2418

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi James and everyone, I have been interested in finding these such events, thank-you for this post James the timing couldn't be more perfect. It was about two weeks ago I was searching the web for Christian arts groups in the Victoria area, and low and behold Emmanual Baptist's name came up! They are one of the few churches that incorporate arts in their worship services and encourage this with members. I felt prompted to contact the Pastor there and he invited me to a service to expereince their worship and meet the arts pastor. This all fits in with my vision and becoming involved as a team with other like minded Christian's like Poasis and Emmanual as well as an outreach to the secular world and in fellowship together.

I haven't had the chance to go and visit Emmanual yet, and then I seen your post yesterday, really this is amazing all aligning nicely the way God intended in His time making this happen where each person has a purpose in the body of the church and a spiritual gift to give.

I guess now would be a good time to find out more about this event and see if we artists can contribute.

I do have a prose poem I wrote on brokeness which may fit into their theme perhaps, it is called, "The Seasons of Life and Love(Divine Revelations of a Tree)". It was for a contest I wrote which the Vancouver Parks put on and you had three themes to choose from about a special or unique tree in a Vancouver park, a tree with a history or a tree with a family story. The tree I picked was in Jericho Park and so unique! There was a broken limb that fell off at one time in it's life which left a huge scar on one side of the tree, the scar appears to be angels wings in the grain of the wood, divine revelations indeed! and the tree has a life of it's own, there on the knarled trunk is an image of a mother holding a baby and another image of a newborn baby. It would be kool to post the poem and the pics of it for anyone who is interested and if I can figure this site out and how to do that...

I'll find out more details about the performance Emmanual has planned and for anyone interested in attending on your own or with a group of us...

Blessings Michael

chris said...

A big shout out to Joan at EBC. This looks great!

To Michael (1st comment) - is this the Michael that was at the Telling the Truth Arts in the Worshipping Church conference in October? We've got some conversations spinning out of the conference and should have a meeting coming up in December to talk about future events / activities. Keep your eye on this blog for more info soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, this is the Michael you are thinking of, (McNee that is) I'm new to the blog thing and how to log in amd post, I'm all ears and eyes to news in Dec. Keep up the good work>

Michael McNee