27 days straight of rain...and then finally today: piercing sunlight, deep blue skies with innocent white contrail clouds. Maybe its because I'm somewhat seasonal - affective / Vit D deprived, but I found today to be bursting with an almost transcendent hope. There's an e.e. cummings poem that I thought so perfectly captures the gift and promise of today:
i thank you God for most this amazing
i thank You God for most this amazing
day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes
i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun’s birthday; this is the birth
day of life and of love and wings and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth
how should tasting touching hearing seeing
breathing any – lifted from the no
of all nothing – human merely being
doubt unimaginable You?
(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)
Reading that don't you just feel like - OK. I'll never work out in the gym again. Only outside: warm sun, cool wind, birds and trees and every shade of winter, living illustrations of the ongoing creativity of God at every turn.... unless of course it rains again!
Saturday, January 14, 2006
most this amazing day
Posted by
chris
at
8:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Chris...Chris Neufeld??
I can't believe you posted this poem. It is one of my favourites, and I was just thinking of posting it on my blog today.
Great minds think alike, eh.
hehe.
some days just cry out for e.e. cummings! That's so cool that you were thinking of the same poem. I think we have a great many things in common!
Post a Comment